It’s that time of the year again where we have to dig out our winter clothes and store away our summer outfits. The process of revamping your closet for each season can be such a hassle. You have to take down storage bins that are stored in your home, empty the bins, hang up your seasonal winter wear, fold and store your summer clothes, and then restore your storage bins back in your home. This entire process can cause anyone to go mad! The closet turnover process is even worse when you live in Texas. One day it can be extremely hot and the next day it’s 40 degrees. You’ll either never completely store away your summer wear or you’ll have to keep taking it out of storage whenever the weather decides to switch up on you.
If you are looking for ways to better utilize your current closet space, you’re in luck! We have compiled a few tips and tricks to help you through the seasonal closet madness.
- Perfect Organization Lies in the Details
- If your closet only has a couple of racks and a few shelves, without doubt, you’re going to have a cluttered closet. The secret to reorganizing your closet is to utilize every square inch of your space.
- Purchasing closet accessories is the key to maximizing your closet space. Take a look at some of our favorite closet space saving items:
- Drawer & Shelf Dividers – Dividers are great space savers because they keep all your items neat and compact. Separate your jeans from your sweaters and your socks from your t-shirts with this simple and practical item.
- Hooks – Hang your scarves, handbags, & backpacks on hooks to keep these items off your floor and to save your coveted shelf space.
- Stackable Storage Baskets – Neatly store seasonal clothes, jeans, towels, socks, and sheets with these affordable baskets. With stackable storage baskets, you’ll be able display your items neatly while maximizing your vertical closet space.
- Shoe Storage – Shoes are generally bulky and take up a lot of floor and shelving space. Reclaim your closet functionality by purchasing a shoe rack and instantly organize and elevate your space.
- Jewelry Drawer Dividers – Display and organize bracelets, necklaces, and even precious family heirlooms. These dividers are a great way to make sure you never misplace your beloved jewelry pieces again.
- Save More Space with Seasonal Purges
- One of the best ways to gain more closet space is by purging things that you no longer use or wear anymore every season. When you decide to go through your seasonal storage bins, take a moment to channel your inner Marie Kondo and keep only items that “spark joy.” If the item doesn’t “spark joy” simply toss it in the donate or throw away bin. Keeping up with this seasonal purge every few months will not only make you feel good, but it will keep your closet space refreshed season after season.
At SpaceManager Closets, we’d love to help alleviate the pain of the dreaded closet turnover. With a custom designed closet system, you’ll be able to store all of your clothes in your closet and never have to worry about pulling out your storage bins again! SpaceManager’s custom closets are designed to fit any space and you’ll always have a place for your accessories, shoes, sweaters, scarves and more. While you may have missed out on getting a custom closet for this current Texas cold front, next winter you will have contacted a SpaceManager designer and will be ready to take on whatever the weather throws at you!